Questions about the proposal

Daohan Chong

Mar 12, 2018, 8:08:28 PM3/12/18
to rubyonrails-gsoc
Hello, I am planing to submit my proposal but have three questions to ask:

  1. Could I submit my proposal not in public? Such as sending email to the mentors? I found some of the 2018 Ideas does not have any mentor.
  2. May I submit my documented proposal with prototype pictures? I hope to draw some user interfaces using Sketch for some ideas.
  3. Could I apply with multiple candidate 2018 Ideas? I am interested in more than one ideas and I am afraid there are other people who would apply for the same 2018 idea.

All best

Robin Dupret

Mar 13, 2018, 5:05:07 AM3/13/18
to rubyonrails-gsoc
Hello,

1. Actually, when you send your proposal on the GSoC site, it's only visible to the organization administrators. Then, there is some time left (until March, 27th) to give you some private feedback and let you improve your proposal if needed. Regarding the fact that there are some ideas without any mentor assigned, this is not a problem. We aren't sure yet who can mentor students but your proposal will be handled by someone proficient in the concerning area.

2. Yeah, sure !

3. As per the GSoC rules:
  • Each student may submit up to 3 proposals to the program.
  • They can submit multiple proposals to the same organization for different projects if they wish.
Hope this answers your questions !

Daohan Chong

Mar 13, 2018, 5:17:16 AM3/13/18
to rubyonrails-gsoc