Where best to document a workaround to get Rails 5.2 debugging to work with IDE's using ruby-debug-ide gem?

grumBit

Apr 28, 2018, 1:33:24 PM4/28/18
to Ruby on Rails: Documentation
Hi there,

I spent a chunk of time working out why IDE debugging wasn't working on Rails 5.2 and ways to workaround it (see https://github.com/Shopify/bootsnap/issues/168).  From what I understand, it could be sometime before a fix can be implemented.

Rather than have other Rails developers go through the same effort, I was wondering if there is somewhere I can add this information to guides.rubyonrails.org?  I was thinking of a "known issues and workarounds" or faq or such like.

Any (preferably constructive) ideas on where to go from here?

Cheers, grumBit.