Add guide to deploy Rails applications

Thibaut Leneveu

Sep 19, 2018, 11:11:31 AM9/19/18
to Ruby on Rails: Documentation
This would explain the steps and different solutions for deploying Rails applications.

What do you think?

Xavier Noria

Sep 19, 2018, 11:15:57 AM9/19/18
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
This has been dicussed in the past.

We prefer not to cover such practices in the Rails documentation, because the majority of what you have to say depends on external software, web servers, application servers, their configuration, databases, operating systems, hosting providers, etc.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 5:11 PM Thibaut Leneveu <thibaut...@gmail.com> wrote:
This would explain the steps and different solutions for deploying Rails applications.

What do you think?

Thibaut Leneveu

Sep 29, 2018, 1:42:01 PM9/29/18
to Ruby on Rails: Documentation

I agree with you on this point.

However Rails already have a dedicated chapter:

https://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/configuring.html#deploy-to-a-subdirectory-relative-url-root

I think it would be interesting to put it more forward