Large file uploads with attachment-fu

Richard

Jan 11, 2009, 6:52:44 AM1/11/09
to Deploying Ruby on Rails
Hi
I am trying to upload 30mb files with attachment-fu, these seem to
just hang. (works file for small image files)
I am using mongrel cluster and nginx...

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Richard

Robby Russell

Jan 11, 2009, 2:51:19 PM1/11/09
to rubyonrails...@googlegroups.com

You might check to see if your mongrels are giving up as the process
is taking too long to process. It sounds like a time-out issue more
than an issue with attachment_fu. Check your mongrel and nginx logs
for details.

Robby

--
Robby Russell
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://www.planetargon.com/
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]

Vince Wadhwani

Jan 11, 2009, 3:00:26 PM1/11/09
to rubyonrails...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Nginx sets proxy_read_timeout to 60 seconds by default. So you may need
to add a line like this to your nginx.conf file:

proxy_read_timeout 300;

cheers,
Vince

Aníbal Rojas

Jan 11, 2009, 4:51:51 PM1/11/09
to rubyonrails...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Also it is possible that you need to rise rise
client_max_body_size in the nginx.conf

Best regards,

--------------------------------
Aníbal Rojas
http://hasmanydevelopers.com
http://
http://anibal.rojas.com.ve

Richard

Jan 14, 2009, 7:58:50 AM1/14/09
to Deploying Ruby on Rails
Thanks for your help,

It was the client_max_body_size, I changed this in the nginx.conf then
it worked! I had set proxy_read_timeout to 0 also,

so thanks for your input, I wasn't sure if the problem was mongrel,
nginx or rails so I am glad it was solved relatively simply.

Best Regards

Richard