[9247] infinite loop

Hendrik Mans

Apr 10, 2008, 2:28:59 PM4/10/08
to Ruby on Rails: Core
Hi everyone,

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/9247 just broke some stuff in my
application in a fun way. I believe it only affects this very specific
edge case, though:

class Picture
belongs_to :user
end

class User
has_many :pictures, :dependent => :destroy
belongs_to :picture # this is the picture used as his avatar
end

Thanks to [9247], things get caught up in an infinite loop.

I'm not familiar with Rails internals enough to have a go at fixing
this, but thought you may want to know.

Cheers,
Hendrik

Hendrik Mans

Apr 10, 2008, 2:30:42 PM4/10/08
to Ruby on Rails: Core
I apologize for the bad thread title; I'd included the faulty revision
number in it, but Google Groups must have removed it. Sorry!

Hendrik

Rick Olson

Apr 11, 2008, 12:02:33 AM4/11/08
to rubyonra...@googlegroups.com
On 4/10/08, Hendrik Mans <hendri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the bad thread title; I'd included the faulty revision
> number in it, but Google Groups must have removed it. Sorry!

I was getting this too. I'm going to revert the commit. Thanks for
the small test case, we should be able to turn that into a regression
test before the patch can be re-accepted.

--
Rick Olson
http://lighthouseapp.com