Provision profile support for OS X Apps

Pavel Malay

Feb 26, 2015, 4:15:50 PM2/26/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys!

Got rubymotion today, and I am trying to put myself on board :)

As OS X developer, I missed the following features:

1. Provisioning profiles for OS X applications. It is impossible to use push notifications and In-app purchase without that kind of stuff.
2. Multiple targets. Usually, OS X developers distribute apps to Mac App Store and to their websites, and use different options (signing certificates and entitlements) for each one. Maybe I should use ENV variable somehow?

Sorry for being messy, but just trying to get the feel of rubymotion :)

Anyway tons of stuff amazed me a lot. Great job.

Hwee-Boon Yar

Feb 26, 2015, 6:48:53 PM2/26/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 5:15:50 AM UTC+8, Pavel Malay wrote:

As OS X developer, I missed the following features:

2. Multiple targets. Usually, OS X developers distribute apps to Mac App Store and to their websites, and use different options (signing certificates and entitlements) for each one. Maybe I should use ENV variable somehow?

Right. What I do is I add something like this to my Rakefile:

task :set_appstore do
  ENV
['appstore'] = '1'
end

task
:appstore => [

:set_appstore,

'archive:distribution'.to_sym,

#:upload_crittercism
]

And you basically have the equivalent of a different target in Xcode. You can also check the value of ENV in your setup block.

Hwee-Boon
http://hboon.com

Pavel Malay

Feb 27, 2015, 7:43:49 AM2/27/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, February 27, 2015 at 5:48:53 AM UTC+6, Hwee-Boon Yar wrote:
And you basically have the equivalent of a different target in Xcode. You can also check the value of ENV in your setup block.

Thank you. I think I can do something similar :)

And guys, what about provision profiles?

Colin T.A. Gray

Feb 27, 2015, 9:04:59 AM2/27/15
to rubym...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking into the provisioning profiles - Laurent thought we already supported them, but a quick smoke screen test shows that `app.provisioning_profile` is not a method.

Colin T.A. Gray
Community Manager
HipByte