Project Selected!

Gregory Brown

Apr 2, 2008, 8:03:53 AM4/2/08
to RubyMendicant
Hi folks,

After getting a few more emails from people in support of the PDF
project and not hearing any concrete suggestions for the documentation
project, I've made my decision. I will be doing the PDF project.

Combined with Ruby Central's matching and a $500 by-mail contribution
from MountainWest Ruby, I have 22 weeks of funding! I think I will
find enough interesting PDF features to fill that time, but I could be
wrong.

I will check in every few weeks, and if at any point the consensus is
that the PDF library has become 'good enough', I could switch over to
doing a few tutorials or some other documentation. However, let's
cross that bridge when we get to it.

Thank you so much to those who donated or supported this project in
other ways. It's amazing that I'm going to have this opportunity due
to your support.

I am going to get things organized, and promptly begin work on April
15th. The first week or so will likely mostly be research and a deep
dive into the PDF spec, but I hope to be coding as soon as possible.

-greg

Thomas Wieczorek

Apr 2, 2008, 8:45:58 AM4/2/08
to rubyme...@googlegroups.com
Great!
I am quite happpy that you can work 22 weeks. Good luck!
I am looking forward to reading your experience during that time.