See how other people work & improve your productivity

Steve

Dec 15, 2010, 8:06:50 PM12/15/10
to RubyJax
We just launched How I Work (http://how-i-work.com). It's a free web
site to help developers find tools to increase their productivity. The
thing that's different about How I Work is that it's screencast based
because we think that figuring out if a tool will work for you is much
easier if you can see it in action and understand the workflow. How I
Work also has tags, voting, view tracking, and a full commenting
system to help developers quickly locate the best of the tools
relevant to the kind of work they do.

For the launch we're featuring, screencasts from Ryan Singer
(37signals) on UI/app design, Optimizely explained by Dan Siroker who
used A/B testing to increase donations by tens of millions of dollars
for the Obama campaign, and tips on capistrano deployment by Charles
Wood.

I'd love to hear any feedback people have on how to make it better.
Also, the ultimate value is going to come from people like everyone on
these lists contributing screencasts of what they've learned that
helps them get more done. So please take a few minutes to create a
workbench showing how you work!

Thanks,
Steve

_____________________
Steven Chanin

Rob Warner

Dec 16, 2010, 4:11:42 AM12/16/10
to rub...@googlegroups.com
This looks awesome. Signed up. The real question, though, is if you're going to ban screencasts that have Cucumber or Javascript namespacing ;-)

--
Rob Warner

Rob Warner

Dec 16, 2010, 7:29:48 AM12/16/10