[ANN] Red Dirt RubyConf 2011 CFP

Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten

Jan 14, 2011, 3:00:14 PM1/14/11
to rub...@googlegroups.com

We are really pleased to announce the second annual Red Dirt RubyConf to be help April 21st and 22nd, 2010 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

We are also very happy to announce that Aaron Patterson of AT&T Interactive and Dr. Nic Williams of EngineYard will participate as keynote speakers.

We are actively seeking conference presentation proposals in one of four conference themes:

RUBY IMPLEMENTATIONS - There is more than one Ruby. This theme will focus on alternative implementations such as JRuby, Rubinius and MacRuby.

RAILS EXTENSIONS - The power of Rails is in its add ons. This theme will focus on projects that build on to and extend Rail's core functionality.

JAVASCRIPT - There is power in diversity. This theme will focus on the Ruby/Javascript interface such as JQuery, Coffeescript, Node.js, and Titanium.

CLOUD SERVICES - Scalable applications have never been easier. This theme will focus on hosting services such as VPS, EC2, S3, AppCloud, and Heroku.

The Call for Proposals is now available online.

A proposals will be voted on by the public and the most voted proposal presentation will win a conference pass, a training pass and three nights stay at the conference hotel.

Propose a presentation now for the best chance to win!

--
Joseph Holsten

ThirtySixthSpan

Jan 15, 2011, 1:50:34 AM1/15/11
to RubyJax
Some relevant links:

Red Dirt RubyConf Website
http://reddirtrubyconf.com/

Red Dirt RubyConf Call for Proposals
http://reddirtrubyconf.com/call-for-proposals

Red Dirt RubyConf current proposals and online voting
http://reddirtrubyconf.com/vote

On Jan 14, 2:00 pm, Joseph Anthony Pasquale Holsten