Ruby Installer download error

Reshma Bidikar

Dec 3, 2020, 11:14:45 AM12/3/20
to RubyInstaller
Hello,

I'm trying to download the Ruby Installer for Windows  from https://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/. However, it fails every time with a network error or a forbidden error.
I googled a bit and found the following document - https://rubyinstaller.org/2010/10/23/Having-issues-with-downloads.html. This mentions changing the download URL somehow but does not indicate what exactly needs to be done.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Bryan Olan

Dec 7, 2020, 1:58:37 PM12/7/20
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com
Sorry can't help.. I'd stop learning Ruby because of that. :D

Roy Pardee

Dec 8, 2020, 8:16:56 PM12/8/20
to rubyinstaller
Are you still having trouble? I was able to download it in ~ 5 mins just now...

Mohit Sindhwani

Dec 9, 2020, 5:16:03 AM12/9/20
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Roy Pardee
On 2020-12-9 9:16 am, Roy Pardee wrote:
> Are you still having trouble? I was able to download it in ~ 5 mins
> just now...

Likewise.. it took a few seconds to download the 135MB package for Ruby
2.7 - I wonder what issue you might be facing...

Best Regards,
Mohit.