Is this alive? Any information on ruby 3.2

dominic

Dec 27, 2022, 4:41:51 PM12/27/22
to RubyInstaller
Id this mailing list still active?  What needs to be done to add a 3.2 download from the site?

Adrián Avila

Dec 28, 2022, 10:47:43 AM12/28/22
to RubyInstaller
Give it some time, is the holidays, people are busy.

Mohit Sindhwani

Dec 29, 2022, 11:05:44 AM12/29/22
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Adrián Avila
On 2022-12-28 11:47 pm, Adrián Avila wrote:
> Give it some time, is the holidays, people are busy.

The mailing list is still alive.
The project is still alive.
The RubyInstaller for Ruby 3.2 is coming along -
https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller2/releases/tag/RubyInstaller-3.2.0-1

It takes a few days for the maintainers to prepare and package the
Windows installer here since it's not released by the Ruby Core team
(so, it doesn't appear on Christmas) and this form of delivery takes a
bit of effort. For reference, RubyInstaller 3.1.0 was released on 31st
Dec last year (so, just under a week later).

Watch this space: https://rubyinstaller.org/ (which I'm sure you already
did) though I'm sure it will also get announced here.

Best wishes,
Mohit.

Mohit Sindhwani

Jan 3, 2023, 9:31:54 AM1/3/23
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Adrián Avila
It's available now:
https://rubyinstaller.org/2022/12/29/rubyinstaller-3.2.0-1-released.html
Also, my illustrated guide to installing ruby on windows is also live
at: https://notepad.onghu.com/2023/ruby3.2-windows-day0-install-hello_world/

Cheers,
Mohit.