Ruby 3

64 views
Skip to first unread message

Travis Kay

unread,
Dec 27, 2020, 2:49:08 AM12/27/20
to RubyInstaller
Any idea when the ruby installer will support version 3?

Thank you.

Lars Kanis

unread,
Dec 27, 2020, 4:26:45 AM12/27/20
to RubyInstaller
I'll release RubyInstaller-3.0.0-1 in the next few days. But I want to do some maintenance and manual tests first.

Regards,
Lars

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020, 08:49 Travis Kay <prot...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any idea when the ruby installer will support version 3?

Thank you.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RubyInstaller" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to rubyinstalle...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rubyinstaller/a917bd03-bc7e-48dd-ad1d-3b7bd99c71f2n%40googlegroups.com.

Mohit Sindhwani

unread,
Dec 27, 2020, 11:16:45 AM12/27/20
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Lars Kanis
Hi Lars,

On 2020-12-27 5:26 pm, Lars Kanis wrote:
> I'll release RubyInstaller-3.0.0-1 in the next few days. But I want to
> do some maintenance and manual tests first.

Thanks for all your support on this. Look forward to it. Once it's up, I
will help document my installation process (though it's 'fairly'
obvious) since some people like to see pictures with installers to know
that it all seems to work :)

I did the same for JRuby a while back:
https://notepad.onghu.com/2020/jruby-win-day0-install-hello_world/

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2020-12-28 | 12:14 am.



Mohit Sindhwani

unread,
Dec 28, 2020, 10:31:59 AM12/28/20
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Lars Kanis
On 2020-12-28 12:16 am, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> On 2020-12-27 5:26 pm, Lars Kanis wrote:
>> I'll release RubyInstaller-3.0.0-1 in the next few days. But I want
>> to do some maintenance and manual tests first.
>

Thanks Lars! I saw the release is up!

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2020-12-28 | 11:31 pm.

Mohit Sindhwani

unread,
Jan 1, 2021, 8:08:54 AMJan 1
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Lars Kanis
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

On 2020-12-28 12:16 am, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> Hi Lars
> Thanks for all your support on this. Look forward to it. Once it's up,
> I will help document my installation process (though it's 'fairly'
> obvious) since some people like to see pictures with installers to
> know that it all seems to work :)

As promised, a visual guide to installing RubyInstaller2 for Ruby 3 is
also up :)
https://notepad.onghu.com/2021/ruby3-windows-day0-install-hello_world/

I'm hopeful it's the first of a few posts on using Ruby on Windows, but
let's see how that idea pans out.

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2021-1-1 | 9:05 pm.

Yura Inversion

unread,
Jan 2, 2021, 10:05:20 AMJan 2
to RubyInstaller
>I'll release RubyInstaller-3.0.0-1 in the next few days. But I want to do some maintenance and manual tests first.
❤ It was really fast! 🎉
Thank you, Lars!

>As promised, a visual guide to installing RubyInstaller2 for Ruby 3 is also up :)
👍 Thank you for the guide, Mohit!

Mohit Sindhwani

unread,
Jan 11, 2021, 10:43:51 PMJan 11
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Yura Inversion
Thanks Yura! I'm keen to push out content for Ruby on Windows - so, I will monitor this group for other things that should go out :)

Best Regards,
Mohit.

Mohit Sindhwani

unread,
Jan 12, 2021, 11:56:36 AMJan 12
to rubyin...@googlegroups.com, Lars Kanis
Hi Lars,

On 2021-1-1 9:08 pm, Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> As promised, a visual guide to installing RubyInstaller2 for Ruby 3 is
> also up :)
> https://notepad.onghu.com/2021/ruby3-windows-day0-install-hello_world/

Thanks for the comment you left on the page. I have opened a pull
request to fix the URLs in the Installer GUI also. For you to merge
whenever you feel like it :)
https://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller2/pull/206

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2021-1-13 | 12:55 am.


Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages