What to do if your gemname is similar to the existing one?

Alexey Zapparov

Aug 17, 2020, 1:08:09 AM8/17/20
to rubygems.org

Hello,

I have started work on redis-based throttling some time ago as part of `sidekiq-throttled` gem. And recently I've extracted throttling logic into a standalone gem: https://gitlab.com/ixti/redis-throttle/ But I can't publish the gem because the name is similar to the abandoned `redis_throttle` which I'm not affiliated with. What are my options? Should I just pick up a new name? o_O

Alexey Zapparov

Aug 17, 2020, 1:12:39 AM8/17/20
to rubyge...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the noise. Just saw that this question supposed to be asked at help.rubygems.org.