Saturday Night Dinner

Avdi Grimm

Jul 17, 2008, 3:47:05 PM7/17/08
to RubyFringe
Anyone know just how fancy Saturday night dinner is supposed to be?
What level of dress is expected?

rfunduk

Jul 18, 2008, 3:39:33 PM7/18/08
to RubyFringe
Good question! I googled like a madman and came up with next to
nothing in the way of photos or actual dress code information. I'm
planning on assuming that if there was a dress code for anything there
would be an faq (or similar) entry about it. Eg, I'm going to bring a
couple polo shirts :)

Pete Forde

Jul 18, 2008, 4:29:38 PM7/18/08
to rubyf...@googlegroups.com
Hey all, apologies for not clarifying this sooner.

The Drake is a "nice place" but it also caters to a hipster clientele.
What that means is that I think it would be awesome if people had
light summer blazers, but that's simply not mandatory or expected in
any way. Polo shirts: sure! I routinely go there in jeans and t-shirt,
and I feel no shame.

Girls, same goes for you. Anything from evening gowns through summer
dresses through jeans through yoga pants is cool by us. And it's kind
of our party, so no bouncers/fashionistas are going to be critiquing
anyone.

I suppose what we're trying to say is, dressing up is fun. Dress up if
you want. Or wear a pinstripe suit. Or a chicken suit.

Dig?

Pete

rfunduk

Jul 18, 2008, 4:48:24 PM7/18/08
to RubyFringe
Thanks Pete! I'll be there in my pajamas (not really :)).