MySQL multi-master replication and many Ruby CAS instances?

Matthew Wilson

Oct 21, 2013, 9:19:06 AM10/21/13
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
Hi --

We run a single RubyCAS instance with a MySQL database on the same box.

We want to make the system more highly available.  Would we be able to set up a second box also running RubyCAS and MySQL and then have the two MySQL instances replicate between them?

Would this work for three or more RubyCAS instances, each using its own MySQL instance and then each replicating out to the other databases?

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Adam Crownoble

Oct 23, 2013, 4:26:49 PM10/23/13
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
We run multiple instances of RubyCAS Server on multiple servers all pointing to a MySQL cluster. Our MySQL cluster is hosted on a separate set of servers from our RubyCAS servers but I suppose there's no reason you couldn't have them share servers.

The type of replication would be the only issue I'd think. The time between when a user logs in to when an application does a service ticket validation request is potentially measured in milliseconds so you'd have to be sure the replication happens in real-time.

- Adam