I'm kinda at a loss at the moment with my issues. I'm not sure how well this forum is monitored but I'm hoping someone can help me.
First, here's my setup:
- Multiple web applications of varying types are deployed onto one Tomcat server (some written in jruby, some in grails, some in pure Java with servlets, etc).
- This server has CAS 3.3.1 running on it (if you're curious it's essentially the same as the following package: www.owfgoss.org
; it's a bundle of a web application and cas).
- Our jruby 1.7.1 application running on rails 3.2.11 needs to talk to a pure Java servlet based application's rest services which is protected by cas.
- There is already another java web application that talks to two other java web applications through cas proxy tickets so everything should be setup correctly (though as far as I know no one really uses it with the service we're hitting).
- We're currently using rubycas-client gem, the latest version.
What I'm trying to do is make rest calls from a Java backend where we essentially will have to pass back the proxy service and ticket since the jruby web application is handling all of the cas related stuff.
Now so far everything appears to be setup so that our session is running on ActiveRecord using a sqlite database, we can authenticate just fine with cas and cas even calls our /cas_proxy_callback/receive_pgt method. Here's where I'm running into issues.
pgt is always nil. Looking at the cas logs in debug mode I always get
2013-03-15 21:39:28,934 EDT [http-bio-8443-exec-4] INFO [org.jasig.cas.authentication.AuthenticationManagerImpl]: AuthenticationHandler: org.jasig.cas.authentication.handler.support.HttpBasedServiceCredentialsAuthenticationHandler failed to authenticate the user which provided the following credentials: [callbackUrl: https://myserver/myapp/cas_proxy_callback/receive_pgt
I monkey patched the gemo to display the parameters coming into the receive_pgt action in the cas_proxy_callback controller but it gets hit successfully it just doesn't contain anything.
We've been struggling with this for a while so ANY assistance will be HUGELY appreciated.