setup.rb and urbacon theme?

Adam Crownoble

Dec 6, 2012, 2:21:56 PM12/6/12
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious if anybody knows of any reason to keep the setup.rb file around. I can't seem to find any reason it would be needed with the current installation procedures, but maybe I'm missing something.

Also, I'm thinking the urbacon theme should be removed. For one thing, I don't see anybody using it, especially considering how similar it is to the simple theme. And I tend to think that having the copyrighted logo in the MIT licensed source code is probably not strictly legit.

I'm happy to submit pull requests for both of these things but thought I should get some feedback first since I've only recently starting following the project.

And finally, is anybody particularly fond of the simple theme? I'm thinking I'd like to give it a Bootstrap makeover.

Robert Mitwicki

Dec 7, 2012, 2:28:46 AM12/7/12
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for contribution.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Adam Crownoble <ad...@obledesign.com> wrote:
I'm curious if anybody knows of any reason to keep the setup.rb file around. I can't seem to find any reason it would be needed with the current installation procedures, but maybe I'm missing something.

I am 99.9% sure that we do not need that. This file is related with the old method of installing gem which we do not use anymore.

Also, I'm thinking the urbacon theme should be removed. For one thing, I don't see anybody using it, especially considering how similar it is to the simple theme. And I tend to think that having the copyrighted logo in the MIT licensed source code is probably not strictly legit.

And finally, is anybody particularly fond of the simple theme? I'm thinking I'd like to give it a Bootstrap makeover.

Because we have some plans related with modularization, we want to extract those thing to separate place.
For example rubycas-themes where all themes will be included. This is because when you start adding all themes to main repo gems list can growth very fast, because of all dependencies assets gems, bootstrap or some fancy js libraries.

Of course refreshing all existing themes will be a good idea.

But as you know we have limited resources if you can help with that, we will be grateful.
Please alse join us on our irc #rubycas on freenode.net for future discussions.

I'm happy to submit pull requests for both of these things but thought I should get some feedback first since I've only recently starting following the project.

Please free to do that, we will be very appreciate.

Best regards

Adam Crownoble

Dec 7, 2012, 11:42:00 AM12/7/12
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks mitfik,

I'll send a couple pull requests for removing setup.rb and the urbacon theme soon. I'd like to get a bootstrap theme done as well but I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get to that.

- Adam

Matt Zukowski

Dec 7, 2012, 4:09:38 PM12/7/12
to rubycas...@googlegroups.com
A bootstrap theme would be awesome Adam.