Re: [RubyAMF] Re: Re : Re: Ruby amf with rails 3

Rodrigo Benenson

Jul 14, 2011, 4:06:12 PM7/14/11
to rub...@googlegroups.com
What about rails3-amf ? Is that a viable option for AMF on Rails 3.1 ?

regards,
rodrigob.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:58 PM, warhammerkid <perl.pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The easiest solution is to not use Rails 3.X if you're using
> rubyamf_plugin. If that's truly not an option, you have two choices.
>
> 1. You can try further patching of rubyamf. I have a feeling that
> changing line 126 in actions.rb (https://github.com/philmill/
> rubyamf_plugin/blob/master/app/actions.rb#L126) to
> req.env['HTTP_ACCEPT'] = 'application/x-amf' will fix the issue.
> That's what I've been doing in RubyAMF 2.0 (https://github.com/
> warhammerkid/rubyamf-experiment/blob/master/lib/rubyamf/rails/
> request_processor.rb#L34), but there may be other issues.
>
> 2. You can try to use RubyAMF 2.0 (https://github.com/warhammerkid/
> rubyamf-experiment). However, documentation isn't finished, I cannot
> guarantee any release dates, and I am not particularly interested in
> holding hands yet if you can't figure out how to use it yourself.
>
> I know that a lot of people would like to switch to Rails 3, but until
> I finish work on RubyAMF 2.0 it's really not an option. I would
> suggest that you try the suggested patch first, as I have a feeling
> that it might fix your issue. If you'd like to help finish RubyAMF
> 2.0, I'd appreciate any feedback you can offer on the current
> documentation and APIs.
>
> On Jul 14, 3:38 pm, rodrigob <rodrigo.benen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am having the same "as HTML" problem (using rails 3.1, ruby_amf version
>> 1.6.6) , what was the solution to this issue ?
>>
>> Started POST "/rubyamf_gateway" for 127.0.0.1 at 2011-07-14 21:14:02 +0200
>>   Processing by RubyamfController#gateway as HTML
>>   Processing by MyServiceController#echo as HTML
>>
>> Thanks for your answers.
>> Regards,
>> rodrigob.

warhammerkid

Jul 14, 2011, 4:41:52 PM7/14/11
to rubyamf
I created rails3-amf as a test for myself of the feasibility of
integrating RocketAMF with Rails 3. RubyAMF 2.0 (https://github.com/
warhammerkid/rubyamf-experiment) is rails3-amf, extended to support
Rail 2 and all of the features that rubyamf_plugin has. If rails3-amf
has all the features you need already, feel free to use it with the
understanding that it's no longer supported and will be replaced with
RubyAMF 2.0 once it's completed.

On Jul 14, 4:06 pm, Rodrigo Benenson <rodrigo.benen...@gmail.com>