[ANN] Happy Valen­birth­iversary! It's Dublin GameCraft time!

Vicky Twomey-Lee - Python Ireland

Feb 4, 2015, 8:11:54 PM2/4/15
to pythonie, gdg-d...@googlegroups.com, t...@lists.tog.ie, il...@linux.ie, coding...@googlegroups.com, pyladie...@googlegroups.com, ruby_i...@googlegroups.com, Christina Lynch
Hi All,

Love is in the air and if it's you like any or all video games, tabletop games, role-playing games, pervasive games and more, then come join us for our Valentine GameCraft on Saturday Feb 14th.

Big thanks to DIT Grangegorman will be hosting us as well as providing lunch and dinner.

We are also delighted to announce that Career Zoo are contributing x4 EUR100 Aer Lingus vouchers so folks can come along to our GameCrafts abroad. Our next one outside of Ireland will be in UK. We do have other prizes, but it's all down to the People's Choice at the end of the day.

And one final big shout out to our awesome major sponsor, Microsoft Ireland.

You can find updates from us via @globalgamecraft or on our Facebook Page.

====
====
WHAT IS GAMECRAFT?
It's a game jam for people who are interested in game-making to come together under one roof to make games, meet people and generally have fun. GameCraft provides a venue so you can concentrate on making fun games. We also provide food and beverages throughout the day.

Premium sponsor: Microsoft

WHAT IS A GAME JAM?
A game jam is an event for people to make games based on a theme (announced at the beginning of the jam) within a given period of time. It can be 8 hours or even up to 24 hours.

WHAT DO I BRING?
You bring your own tools, laptops, sound equipment, peripherals, software, assets, etc. We do not provide any equipment.

And for non-digital games, like boardgames, card games, RPGs, other types of pervasive games. All you need to do is bring your own craft materials. We don't provide any on the day.

AM I ABLE FOR A GAME JAM?
YES! You like games, and having fun. You don't have to be a programmer, if you can draw, tell stories, make music, and more... come along!

DO I HAVE TO BE ON A TEAM?
Nope, let us know when you check-in at registration on Saturday morning (08:30 till 08:59), and let us know what skills you have, and we can form a group in the morning before we announce the theme.

WHAT'S THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE?
At the end of the game jam, everyone gets to play each other's games, chat, laugh and a chance to place their vote for their favourite game of the night. The one with the most votes get the Peoples Choice Award. You, the community, are the judges. :-)

OUR CODE OF CONDUCT
As with all our events in the past, we want to remind people to read our code of conduct: https://www.gamecraft.it/codeofconduct/

Any questions, just fire them off to in...@gamecraft.it and we will get back you as soon as we can.

Do pass it on to other folks who maybe interested, everyone is welcome, we want designers, illustrators, musicians, story-tellers, etc. to come along.

Cheers,

/// Vicky Twomey-Lee