[CFP] Applications for the Playable City Award 2015 are now open

Vicky Twomey-Lee - Python Ireland

Feb 24, 2015, 6:34:10 AM2/24/15
to pythonie, ruby_i...@googlegroups.com, t...@lists.tog.ie
Hi All,

To all you makers and gamers (or both), my friend, Hilary O'Shaughnessy, just released this open call for The Playable City Award.

I would be curious if any Pythonistas entered this, or has a cool idea for it. Would make for a great lightning talk (or two). :-)

Details as follows:-

Creatives from around the world are invited to propose distinctive ideas that put people and play at the heart of the Future City. All over the world governments and tech companies are investing in smart systems for cities, using communication networks and sensors to join up services, collect data and make efficiencies. The Playable City Award asks us to imagine how we might use these same technologies to make our cities more liveable, hopeful and collaborative. The winning proposal will be installed in Bristol, UK for the public to play in autumn 2015.

The Award includes:
- Award of £30,000
- A trip to Tokyo in October 2015 to share learning from the Award as part of Watershed and British Council’s Playable City Tokyo programme
- Practical support in producing the work
- Connection with the Pervasive Media Studio at Watershed in Bristol
- Development of touring and future opportunities
- Documentation of the work

Who should apply?
We are looking for artists, designers, architects, urbanists, interaction designers, technologists and creative practitioners who can demonstrate a history of delivering high quality, innovative practice. Individuals or teams can apply.

If you are interested in applying for The Playable City Award, please visit www.watershed.co.uk/playablecity/ for full details and the online application form.

Deadline: Please submit your application by 7 April 2015, 17:00 (GMT).

Do pass it on to others who might be interested.

Good luck!

/// Vicky Twomey-Lee (PyLadies Dublin Founder)

Python Ireland Treasurer
PSF member | EuroPython Society Board Member
Coding Grace co-Founder | GameCraft It co-Founder | WITS Board Member