Re: [turnip] Turnip/Capybara

Jonas Nicklas

Nov 25, 2012, 10:37:21 AM11/25/12
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Capybara 2.0 changed this behaviour and we haven't yet released a new gem. Hopefully we'll get this fixed during the week.

/Jonas

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Damon Toal-Rossi <dam...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm a bit confused: (I think) according to https://github.com/jnicklas/turnip/issues/66 and other bits between capybara and turnip, features should be running as :type => :acceptance and therefore Capybara::DSL is loaded. What I'm seeing, however, is that Turnip features run with :type => :request and despite having turnip/capybara included in both spec_helper and .rspec, I need to explicitly include Capybara::DSL.

Am I misunderstanding how these pieces fit together?
rspec-rails-2.12.0
capybara-2.0.1
turnip-1.0.0

A little test app: https://github.com/orbiteleven/turnip-capybara-test (It's currently working because I include CapybaraDSL in spec_helper

Thoughts?

jnicklas

Nov 26, 2012, 6:51:02 AM11/26/12
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Just pushed out Turnip 1.1.0, which should hopefully fix this.

/Jonas

Damon Toal-Rossi

Nov 26, 2012, 6:29:18 PM11/26/12
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Very awesome! I'll check this out tonight. Wasn't sure if it was expected behavior of not or I'd have given it a stab; next time!

Thanks for the cool project!

Deepak Chennoria

Dec 9, 2013, 1:54:23 AM12/9/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damon Toal-Rossi,

Can you provide me steps to create a project from scratch for web application automation using Capybara+Turnip+Selenium web driver for acceptance testing. Please provide some sample to let me start this.

Thanks.