Turnip with Capybara for acceptance and Integration testing

Deepak Chennoria

Nov 25, 2013, 11:57:37 PM11/25/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I want to use Turnip with Capybara instead of Cucumber.
I want to create an automation project for web application which do browser testing (functional as well as acceptance) and integration , Unit testing for same.

Please guide me..............or any tutorial to get started with..
Till now I haven't found any.............

Lukas Oberhuber

Nov 27, 2013, 4:22:24 AM11/27/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe these links help a bit...

Other than that, maybe you could lay out a few of the issues you are facing having looked through those links (it's quite a broad topic :)

Deepak Chennoria

Dec 4, 2013, 7:23:01 AM12/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas Oberhuber,

Thanks for help. But I have already gone though these links. I want steps like how to create a very basic Capybara+Turnip+Selenium web driver project for web application automation from scrach. I did it as
Capybara+Cucumber+Selenium web driver, and its working fine.

Thanks & Regards,
Deepak

Deepak Chennoria

Dec 4, 2013, 7:23:02 AM12/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com

Lukas Oberhuber

Dec 4, 2013, 2:09:00 PM12/4/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com

Deepak,

The way that I have done it is to use capybara to drive selenium web driver. I don't know if this solves your problem. Writing a selenium adaptor to turnip probably isn't what you are looking to do. :-)

Lukas