Sorting on multi-model search

Steve Tuckner

Feb 4, 2015, 5:24:03 PM2/4/15
to ruby-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am trying to search multiple models and have them ordered by the same criteria. This stack overflow post (by someone else) describes what I am seeing, that the results are implicitly sorted by model first. Is there a way to get this to work so that pagination works correctly?

In my case I have two models: Conversation and Message. Conversation has_many Messages. For the order clause, I set the order to the order of the conversation's subject field. For example

class Message
  belongs_to :conversation

  searchable do
     string(:subject) do
       self.conversation.subject
     end
  end
end

class Conversation
   has_many :messages

   searchable do
     string(:subject) do
       self.subject
      end
   end
end

Then I want to do

Sunspot.search([Conversation, Message]) do
  order_by :subject
end

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Steve