How do I read the last 10 entries in an excel file and then graph them?

Curtis Smith

Mar 19, 2014, 2:17:41 PM3/19/14
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm wanting to read an excel file on my computer using Roo. But then store the last 10 entries from each column and row and display them in a graph.

How do I get that data from Roo?

I am using Ruby on Rails in Nitrous.io. I am quite new to this, but I am having difficulties with understanding how Roo works. The above is the main question I have. But I also am having a hard time understand where each chunk of code goes. Should I be doing this as a controller or a model? How do I bring the data I got from Roo into the view(although this I think I understand a bit better)?

Any one have any advice?
I'll also post this to stack-overflow in-case this group is less active.

Thanks for the help!