Hello, please create a generator for roda like in rails.

Francel AMAMOO

May 3, 2021, 8:38:33 AM5/3/21
to Roda
Hello Jeremy, I like ruby language a lot and it is my favorite language, I have used rails a lot and I also tried roda and it is really great, but my concern is that I am used to using generators for generate the files and minimal code, why can't you create a little generator for roda a bit like in rails. please.

Jeremy Evans

May 3, 2021, 10:18:29 AM5/3/21
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 5:38 AM Francel AMAMOO <francel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Jeremy, I like ruby language a lot and it is my favorite language, I have used rails a lot and I also tried roda and it is really great, but my concern is that I am used to using generators for generate the files and minimal code, why can't you create a little generator for roda a bit like in rails. please.

Roda doesn't really work like Rails as it is much more flexible, so the idea of a generator has limited use.  A basic generator for Roda would create a file like:

require 'roda'

class App < Roda
  route do |r|
  end
end

I don't think this adds significant value to ship with Roda.

If you want a basic application skeleton you can build on top of, try https://github.com/jeremyevans/roda-sequel-stack

Thanks,
Jeremy