Support service static sites with the pretty_public plugin?

Jared White

Nov 19, 2021, 4:27:59 PM11/19/21
to Roda
Hi all,

I posted earlier about some changes I made to the "public" plugin, and Jeremy suggested making it a separate plugin which uses the public plugin as a dependency, but he's looking for community feedback on if it should be part of Roda.

The use case for this is you can't serve a static site with Roda just with the public plugin. For static sites it's typical to have URLs like /path/to/page which can resolve to either path/to/page.html or path/to/page/index.html — this is commonly known as "pretty URLs". In the Bridgetown project which has adopted Roda for both a dev server supporting the static output as well as dynamic routes in dev and production (using Roda's typical routing features), we had to patch or otherwise change public plugin's behavior to enable this.

Rather than alter public, this PR adds "pretty_public" which works just like public but adds support for pretty URLs along with a few configuration options (if you want to support .htm, .txt, whatever).

Thoughts? Questions?
Jared

Jeremy Evans

Dec 9, 2021, 4:19:34 PM12/9/21
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
This didn't get any responses here, but you can now try asking on the GitHub Discussions, as that may be more likely to get responses.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Billy.Zheng

Dec 16, 2021, 10:14:39 AM12/16/21
to ruby...@googlegroups.com, Jared White
No this requriement for me, at least for now.
--
Thanks,
Billy