Roda 3.0.0 has been released!
= Major Changes
* String matchers now match literally by default, for simplicity,
understandability, and performance. Use the String class matcher
or a symbol matcher to match arbitrary segments.
"artists/:name" do |artist_name|
"artists", String do |artist_name|
"artists", :name do |artist_name|
You can use the placeholder_string_matchers plugin to restore
the historical behavior if you don't want to modify your
* Using an unsupported matcher now raises an error, making it
more likely to detect using a unexpected value as a matcher
(which previously matched everything).
* Have a route/match block return an unsupported value now
raises an error if nothing has been written to the body, making
it more likely to detect using an unexpected value as a block
result (which previously was ignored).
= Backwards Compatibility
* Deprecated plugins, features, and constants have been removed.
Before upgrading to 3.0.0, please upgrade to 2.29.0 first and
fix any deprecation warnings.
* Ruby 1.8.7 support has been dropped. Ruby 1.9.2 is the new
minimum supported version.
* The :check_paths render plugin option now defaults to true so that
generated template paths are checked by default, reducing the risk
of rendering arbitrary files.
* The assets plugin now defaults to using subresource integrity
with SHA256 for compiled assets, and using SHA256 instead of
SHA1 for compiled asset hashes.
* Subclassing a Roda app that uses the render plugin now always
uses a copy of the superclass's template cache.
* Using a Roda app as middleware now always uses a subclass
of the app for the middleware.
* public_send is now used instead of send internally unless it is
expected that private methods will be called.
* The match methods added by the symbol_matchers and hash_matchers
plugins are now private instead of public.
= Other Improvements
* The streaming plugin has been greatly simplified, by dropping
deprecated compatibility for EventMachine.
* It is now possible to reset the :include_request option to false
in the json and json_parser plugins by loading the plugin a
second time with the option set.
* The precompile_templates plugin now always sorts locals. This
plugin should now be used with Tilt 2.0.1+ (which also sorts
locals), though it will still work with earlier Tilt versions.
* The multi_run plugin now recomputes the regexp when freezing the
= Deprecated Features
These features will be removed in Roda 3.1.0:
* Roda.thread_safe_cache is now deprecated. RodaCache is now used
as the thread-safe cache class.
* RodaRequest#placeholder_string_matcher? (private method) is now
deprecated and always returns false.