new release?

Miroslav Suchý

Nov 12, 2012, 10:55:33 AM11/12/12
to ruby-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Its been three years since last release and recently there landed a lot of changes: support for ruby 1.9, migration to prawn backend.
When we can expect next release?

Mirek

Andrew France

Nov 13, 2012, 4:25:40 PM11/13/12
to ruby-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mirek,

As you can see I've merged in the recent pull requests. I've also fixed the tests against Ruby 1.8.7. However, Ruby 1.8.9 currently has something like 50 failing tests I need to fix. Most are due to pdf-writer and can easily be disabled for 1.9, but there are other more subtle bugs such as an ordering issue with pivoted tables. I'm working on it when I have the time but I do not wish to release a new gem until I am sure it's fully working on 1.9. I'm aiming to get more done at the weekend with a release shortly after.

Best regards,
Andrew

Nishant rayan

Nov 13, 2012, 4:39:51 PM11/13/12
to ruby-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the update.  I just started using ruport recently and disheartened by the fact that it was not ported to ruby 1.9 and I am glad to hear that you are actively working on it. Keep up the good work..

Nishant Rayan