ruport and rails data warehouse project

Jeff Rose

Feb 23, 2010, 5:22:09 AM2/23/10
to Ruby Reports
We have just put out a request for bids on rentacoder.com for a small
data-warehouse project using rails and ruport that I thought I would
mention here. Our site connects restaurants and suppliers here in the
Netherlands, and we would like to start offering reporting services to
our clients based on the data from their cash registers. The project
has three main components:

* ETL: import cash register data into a unified database with a
typical data-warehouse schema

* Reporting: setup some basic reporting infrastructure and create a
set of 5 report templates that can be exported as HTML, PDF, XML, CSV,
excel xml.

* REST: create a rest interface on top of the reporting service (using
rails unless you have a good reason for using something else)

You can find the listing with a bit more detail here:

http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=1352971

Please feel free to bid directly on the project, or to contact me
directly if you have any questions: je...@globalorange.nl

Thanks,
Jeff