Rails configuration

kevinrutherford

Jul 5, 2009, 2:10:02 PM7/5/09
to ruby-reek
Hi,
I have a sense that Rails developers will not take kindly to Reek,
because I believe that by default it warns about much of the code that
is "standard" or even created by generators. Is that right? If so,
I'd like to make it better, perhaps by creating a generator for Rails
that scatters Rails-oriented config.reek files in various places
throughout the normal folder tree.

But I'm not a serious Rails user myself, so I'd like to ask for your
help. If you use Rails and Reek, perhaps we can all work together to
develop a set of config.reek files that work for Rails? Please share
your config files here, if you can, so we can find common settings
that will work to make Reek more useful in the Rails community.

Many thanks,
Kevin
--
w: http://www.kevinrutherford.co.uk
e: ke...@rutherford-software.com

Ashley Moran

Jul 6, 2009, 2:10:03 PM7/6/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com

On 5 Jul 2009, at 19:10, kevinrutherford wrote:

> But I'm not a serious Rails user myself, so I'd like to ask for your
> help. If you use Rails and Reek, perhaps we can all work together to
> develop a set of config.reek files that work for Rails? Please share
> your config files here, if you can, so we can find common settings
> that will work to make Reek more useful in the Rails community.

I also don't use Rails, but I do use Merb, which imposes some similar
problems on you. (The controller structure is virtually identical.)
That said, I don't use generated code. Happy to share Merb configs as
soon as they've stabilised though.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran

Kevin Rutherford

Jul 6, 2009, 3:16:28 PM7/6/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Ashley
Moran<ashley...@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

> Happy to share Merb configs as
> soon as they've stabilised though.

Wonderful, thanks!

--
m: +44 (0) 797 356 3521

l: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinrutherford

Ashley Moran

Jul 6, 2009, 3:50:49 PM7/6/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
On 6 Jul 2009, at 20:16, Kevin Rutherford wrote:
>> Happy to share Merb configs as
>> soon as they've stabilised though.
>
> Wonderful, thanks!

GTD action made. That means it will happen between now and the heat
death of the universe. But it WILL happen =)