Accessors and Feature Envy

Ashley Moran

Nov 18, 2009, 5:47:44 PM11/18/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xevin

Must be over a month since you announced your experiment to stop
looking for Feature Envy and ban Accessors instead. Anything
interesting come out of that?

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran

Kevin Rutherford

Nov 19, 2009, 2:24:31 AM11/19/09
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ash,

> Must be over a month since you announced your experiment to stop
> looking for Feature Envy and ban Accessors instead.  Anything
> interesting come out of that?

Well, I get about 3 hours/week on it at the moment, so it's slow going.
But I am finding some interesting duplication that I hadn't seen
before, and that in turn is causing some deep internal design changes
-- I just haven't got round to implementing them yet.
More later,
Kevin
--
http://www.kevinrutherford.co.uk -- agile, TDD, XP, lean, TOC