[ANN] Reek version 1.2.7 released

Kevin Rutherford

Feb 1, 2010, 6:34:51 AM2/1/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com, ruby...@ruby-lang.org, Dan Mayer
Hi,
I've just pushed reek 1.2.7 to gemcutter. Highlights in this release:

=== Major Changes
* New option --yaml reports smells in YAML format
* Now require 'reek/rake/task' to use the rake task
* Now require 'reek/spec' to use the Rspec matchers
* Developer API completely revised and documented

=== Minor Changes
* New smell: Irresponsible Module (has no meaningful comment)
* ControlCouple no longer checks arguments yielded to blocks
* FeatureEnvy and UtilityFunction are now subclasses of a new smell: LowCohesion
* NestedIterators now reports the nesting depth
* Fixed problem checking for UtilityFunctions in Object
* Improved detection of invalid config files
* Invalid config files are now ignored
* Non-existent files are now ignored

See http://wiki.github.com/kevinrutherford/reek for further details.
Cheers,
Kevin
--
http://www.kevinrutherford.co.uk -- agile, TDD, XP, lean, TOC

Ashley Moran

Feb 1, 2010, 7:56:15 AM2/1/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 01, 2010, at 11:34 am, Kevin Rutherford wrote:

> New smell: Irresponsible Module (has no meaningful comment)

This is a new one on me. What do you mean by "has no meaningful comment"?

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleymoran

Kevin Rutherford

Feb 1, 2010, 8:04:08 AM2/1/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ash,

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Ashley Moran
<ashley...@patchspace.co.uk> wrote:

>> New smell: Irresponsible Module (has no meaningful comment)
>
> This is a new one on me.  What do you mean by "has no meaningful comment"?

I think it's good practice for every class to have a short comment
describing its responsibilities (preferably in a single sentence with
no ANDs or ORs :). This smell detector checks for the existence of
that comment, and ensures that it is at least 2 words long...

Ashley Moran

Feb 1, 2010, 8:45:19 AM2/1/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com

On Feb 01, 2010, at 1:04 pm, Kevin Rutherford wrote:

> I think it's good practice for every class to have a short comment
> describing its responsibilities (preferably in a single sentence with
> no ANDs or ORs :). This smell detector checks for the existence of
> that comment, and ensures that it is at least 2 words long...

Oh dear, I'm in for some carnage when I next gem update then :)

Kevin Rutherford

Feb 1, 2010, 8:47:19 AM2/1/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
> Oh dear, I'm in for some carnage when I next gem update then :)

We aim to please...