Database Connection Issues

BeeRich33

Jun 24, 2020, 3:08:05 PM6/24/20
to ruby-pg
Hi folks.

I was using the PG gem to connect to databases, almost as a very light ORM.  I was having database connectivity issues such as dropped connections.  This was some time ago, so it's a bit fuzzy.

So then I moved to the Sequel gem, which I quite like.  But I'm still having dropped connections to a PostgreSQL database on the LAN.

I'm thinking they are the same, and wanted to see if anybody had any information on this.  I've been researching other clients' behaviour such as Postico, and psql on the actual database server, and they don't have anything reported in pg_stat_activity.

So if anybody has any information, that would be appreciated.  I'm shooting in the dark as I don't know what the culprit is as it's wrapped in this gem, on top of the pg gem.

Is there a way I can test this?  Or a way I can investigate?

Any insight appreciated.

Cheers