Is this group dead? Nuby here looking to connect with others learning to code w/RoR.

Christina

Apr 25, 2013, 9:32:29 PM4/25/13
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
I would love to revive this group and post/share nuby questions and answers. Anyone there?

Trevor

Apr 26, 2013, 2:51:17 PM4/26/13
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
I'm here too.  I'm in the process of learning RoR via http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book

-Trevor

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Christina <kne...@gmail.com> wrote:
I would love to revive this group and post/share nuby questions and answers. Anyone there?

Join us on GitHub: http://github.com/RubyNuby

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ruby Nuby" group.

D.A. Gutierrez

Apr 26, 2013, 4:27:38 PM4/26/13
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Christina,
You might be able to reach the organizer, Malcolm Arnold, via Twitter. He seems to be somewhat active there with some posts or RTs every week or two.
https://twitter.com/RubyNuby01

peace and jazz,
D.A.

Christina

Apr 26, 2013, 7:15:48 PM4/26/13
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone! I'm a nuby focused on learning JavaScript, Ruby/Rails and Python. I taught myself html a looong time ago (as a fun hobby) but now focused on picking up some valuable coding skills. I came across this group out of frustration when google+stackoverflow didn't have the answers I was looking for. This group could be helpful for beginners who get stuck and don't know where to go, what questions to ask or simply how to ask them. I'm sure you've all been there at some point. Though Ruby is a wonderful introductory language to learn, DHH said Rails is not beginner friendly. I agree since there are so many moving parts and it can be overwhelming when you're just starting out. I hope this can be a safe, encouraging place where one can seek knowledge and ask questions without "feeling stupid" or being judged. I will try to get in touch with Malcolm so we can get this group active again!

Aidan Feldman

Apr 28, 2013, 1:11:37 AM4/28/13
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend checking out Hacker Hours, as well... not that I'm biased :-)