2 interesting classes at RubyConf.org. We still have tickets at Early Bird Pricing

RubyNuby01 aka Malcolm Arnold

Oct 4, 2010, 8:09:18 PM10/4/10
to Ruby Nuby
http://www.rubyconf.org/presentations/56

Ruboto: Ruby in your Pocket
11 Nov 13:15

Daniel Jackoway

Android is getting huge fast. Learn about Ruboto, a project to bring
Ruby to Android. See a demo of the IRB app, then delve into ruboto-
core, a platform for writing full Android apps in pure Ruby. Also take
a quick look at writing apps in Mirah, Charles Nutter's JVM language
that has a Ruby-like syntax but compiles directly to Java code,
meaning that it is just as fast as Java.
Back to Schedule

http://www.rubyconf.org/presentations/35

It's time for a Ruby editor
11 Nov 15:05

Daniel Lucraft

Redcar is a cross-platform GUI text editor. Why another editor?
Because Redcar is written entirely in Ruby and you can install it as a
gem now. When you use Redcar, you know that every command you use you
can hack in Ruby if you want to. You can read the Cucumber tests of
each text operation. You can write interactive plugins using HTML 5
and JavaScript that interoperate with Ruby controllers. You can fork
the editor on GitHub and contribute a patch that will reach master
today. Redcar takes advantage of Ruby's dynamism. Users can extend the
editor with new commands while it is running, which we will do during
this talk. We'll also look at how Redcar defines plugin APIs for
working with text and creating tree views. Java has Eclipse and
Netbeans. Python has IDLE and Wing. Perl has Padre, but where are the
Ruby editors? It's time for an editor in Ruby for Rubyists.