Ruby Nuby website hackfest?

1 view

Mark Coates

Sep 29, 2010, 11:38:00 AM9/29/10
to Ruby Nuby
All--

We're trying to schedule a hackfest to work on the Ruby Nuby website.
A few weekends in October are already scheduled with events (like
Rails Rumble, etc.).

How is the weekend of Oct 22nd-24th for everyone? Are there any other
events on that weekend that would limit attendance?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Regards,
Mark

Lee McAlilly

Sep 29, 2010, 11:47:23 AM9/29/10
to Ruby Nuby
Oct 22 - 24 would be pretty good for me.

Lee McAlilly

Sep 29, 2010, 12:17:12 PM9/29/10
to Ruby Nuby
Could we also do a class on how to collaborate with other developers.

I've gotten pretty good with git on my own, but have no experience
working with other developers on shared code. I could see github
branches being a good way for the group to add new features to the
site without having to pre-schedule time to work on it.

Moudy Elkammash

Sep 29, 2010, 2:49:01 PM9/29/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it that weekend, but don't let me stop you...

I agree with Lee, doing a class on how to collaborate with other
developers, and using github would be nice. That way we can get some
experience working as a team and improve the site at the same time.

--
Moudy Elkammash
646.783.9131

Shawn Cheatham

Sep 30, 2010, 1:30:10 PM9/30/10
to Ruby Nuby
I took a poke around, it looks like Oct 22 is open. Looking forward to
it!

RubyNuby01 aka Malcolm Arnold

Sep 30, 2010, 2:09:11 PM9/30/10
to Ruby Nuby
GREAT, Since Oct 22-24th is available we are going to do it then. We
will do the SPEC day the week before. We need to announce this world
wide. We are going to wait to announce it worldwide as we are going
to get sponsors. I will announce to the local groups today.

thanks for the work,
Malcolm
RubyNuby01

John Goodsen

Sep 30, 2010, 3:39:37 PM9/30/10
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
looks like I'll be around that weekend too. if it helps, I can setup
a project at radtrack.com that we could use to coordinate work as user
stories and tasks assigned to particular individuals .... let me know.

thanks

--
John Goodsen                 RADSoft / Better Software Faster
jgoo...@radsoft.com            Lean/Kanban/XP/Scrum Coaching and Training