Nominations

Murray Steele

Jan 28, 2013, 9:06:50 AM1/28/13
to Ruby Manor
Hey all,

There are some great proposals on vestibule[1] already.  Thanks for your contributions so far, but we want more!

Particularly, we're keen to get proposals from as diverse set of speakers as possible.  Obviously that means more women and others who might otherwise not get involved, but it also means people who aren't necessarily involved in the ruby scene.

We hope that having anonymous proposals this time will help here as the proposals can only be judged on their own merit.  But we know that there are some people who will need a nudge in order to propose something.  That's where you come in.

If you know *anyone* who is doing something fun with Ruby, or who has an interesting perspective that rubyists could learn from, please get in touch with us.  We'll then get in touch with whomever it is you've nominated and try to kindle any spark of interest in them and encourage them to get involved.  Please don't reply here, but instead email us directly[2]; no-one wants to be publicly peer-pressured into something.

All the proposals will remain anonymous and the agenda on the day will be created solely by the votes on vestibule.  Our goal here is increasing the pool of talks that we all get to choose form.

Cheers,

Murray