Some important dates

James Adam

Jan 30, 2013, 6:14:37 AM1/30/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

Thanks for all your proposals to Vestibule so far. There are some really great ones there already, but they *all* need your feedback and suggestions. It is or course easy to sit back and let the proposers do all the work of guessing what you want to hear, but that's not how The Guv'ner likes things to be run at the 'Manor; even if you really love a proposal, help it out by making it clear which specific parts interest you most, and which parts you're maybe less interested in. It's this process that's helped us produce such high-quality presentations in the past.

I'll back it easy for you -- click here: http://vestibule.rubymanor.org

Anyway - like the subject says, some important dates.

We want as many proposals as possible, but at some point we do need to produce a final schedule. So, with that in mind we are going to accept any and all proposals up until the 4th of March. On the 4th, proposal submission ends and we'll switch into "selection" mode -- this is when everyone you'll get to start voting for the proposals that interest you the most.

Voting will continue until the 13th of March, after which the doors of the Vestibule will be temporarily bolted from the inside while we reckon up the votes. We'll then get in touch with the most popular proposal authors to confirm that they can still give the proposal, and will then, if everything goes to plan, announce the final schedule on the 15th of March.

Between the 15th of March and the day of Ruby Manor 4, we'll then work with the selected authors to help them construct and refine their presentations. Last year we ran rehearsals with many of the presentations and we found this really useful, and so we are planning to do that again this year, both in person and remotely where necessary.

So - you have until the 4th of March to get your proposal in. Literally every single person who's presented at Ruby Manor in the past has been showered with riches and success*, so get to it!

http://vestibule.rubymanor.org

- James, Murray and Tom

(* spiritual riches and success; not redeemable for any cash value)