Lightning talks?

James Adam

Oct 21, 2011, 11:17:08 AM10/21/11
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
We are considering making a chunk of the lunch break available for lightning talks - probably five or six up-to-5-minute presentations from anyone who has something they are passionate about and want to share.

Since time is limited, we'd have to allocate slots of a first-come first-serve basis, probably with slides given in advance (the submission window being some interval in the early part of the day itself). Timing would also have to be quite strictly enforced to help things run smoothly.

There will be other logistical considerations that we can go into later, but for the moment I'd just like to gauge interest (principally from those who might like to participate).

So - anyone up for it?

James

Will Jessop

Oct 29, 2011, 5:24:32 AM10/29/11
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I wrote one this morning because the world is against me and I woke up way too early. It's called "Scamp: What, why and how" and is about my Campfire lib, Scamp (https://github.com/wjessop/Scamp). If we aren't actually doing lightning talks because no-one else seems to have volunteered one I can give the talk to those interested some other time.

Will.

James Adam

Oct 29, 2011, 5:47:00 AM10/29/11
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com, ruby-...@googlegroups.com
You're still more than welcome to do your talk, even if there's no one else…