BOF lunch: Teaching Ruby/Rails final call before I start organising it

Paul Leader

Apr 2, 2013, 5:19:12 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

So we're going to have a BoF lunch around Teaching Ruby/Rails/Coding in general. I'd love to hear from people who've been involved with RailsGirls, CodeClub, or anything similar.

So far the attendees are:
  • Me
  • Tim Ruffles
  • Roland Swingler
  • Tom Ward
  • Tom Stuart
  • Piotr Szotkowski
Who else wants to come?

I'm going to try and book a table tomorrow, so let me know by 9am Wednesday and I'll get organising.

Paul

Tim Cowlishaw

Apr 2, 2013, 5:28:40 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

There was some talk on the rails-girls list about those of us who are coaching Rails Girls London meeting up for lunch at Ruby Manor too. Might it be a good idea to combine forces?

Thanks!

Tim

http://rubymanor.org
Group home: http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-manor?hl=en

Paul Leader

Apr 2, 2013, 5:32:30 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Definitely :)

Had you got any further organising it?

--
Paul Leader

Steve Tooke

Apr 2, 2013, 5:51:44 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Yes please!

On Tuesday, 2 April 2013 10:19:12 UTC+1, Paul Leader wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> So we're going to have a BoF lunch around Teaching Ruby/Rails/Coding in general. I'd love to hear from people who've been involved with RailsGirls, CodeClub, or anything similar.
>

> So far the attendees are:

> MeTim Ruffles
> Roland Swingler
> Tom Ward
> Tom StuartPiotr Szotkowski

Graham Ashton

Apr 2, 2013, 6:00:15 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Me too please.
> --
> --
> http://rubymanor.org
> Group home: http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-manor?hl=en

Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner
https://www.agileplannerapp.com | @agileplanner | @grahamashton

Tim Cowlishaw

Apr 2, 2013, 6:08:20 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
On 2 April 2013 10:32, Paul Leader <pa...@paulleader.co.uk> wrote:
Definitely :)

Had you got any further organising it?

I've just emailed the rails-girls list, pointing everyone in this direction, in the meantime, count me in!

Thanks,

Tim

Michael Josephson

Apr 2, 2013, 7:43:04 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to come along to this too, please.

Thanks,

-Michael

On 2 April 2013 10:19, Paul Leader <pa...@paulleader.co.uk> wrote:

Levent Ali

Apr 2, 2013, 8:37:27 AM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to join as well, thanks.

Levent

Despo Pentara

Apr 2, 2013, 6:17:17 PM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I would also like to join.

Thanks

Maria Khait

Apr 2, 2013, 6:28:25 PM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 10:19:12 AM UTC+1, Paul Leader wrote:
I would like to join too :)

> So we're going to have a BoF lunch around Teaching Ruby/Rails/Coding in general. I'd love to hear from people who've been involved with RailsGirls, CodeClub, or anything similar.
>

> So far the attendees are:

> MeTim Ruffles
> Roland Swingler
> Tom Ward
> Tom StuartPiotr Szotkowski

Pratik

Apr 2, 2013, 7:25:41 PM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
And me too. Thanks!

On 2 April 2013 10:19, Paul Leader <pa...@paulleader.co.uk> wrote:

http://rubymanor.org
Group home: http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-manor?hl=en

Programmer @ 37signals | http://twitter.com/lifo | http://m.onkey.org

Gabe da Silveira

Apr 2, 2013, 7:37:40 PM4/2/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I would like in as well.  No teaching experience yet, but I am currently helping a complete beginner with minimal English skills learn Ruby.

Matt Patterson

Apr 3, 2013, 8:36:48 AM4/3/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com

On 2 Apr 2013, at 11:19, Paul Leader wrote:

So we're going to have a BoF lunch around Teaching Ruby/Rails/Coding in general. I'd love to hear from people who've been involved with RailsGirls, CodeClub, or anything similar.

I'm unable to come now, but I'm involved with Rails Girls Berlin, and help coach Ruby Monsters, a study/project group which meets weekly and  sprang out of an early Rails Girls workshop here. I'll be attending the Eurucamp hack day with everyone from Ruby Monsters, maybe we could Skype in if you wanted to ask them questions about their experience with beginning programming from scratch?

Matt

--

  Matt Patterson | Design & Code

  <matt at reprocessed org> | http://www.reprocessed.org/