creating an ldap server

Julien Ammous

Sep 11, 2014, 5:57:09 AM9/11/14
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
it looks like this library is mostly a client but it says to have features of a server so my question is: can I build a server with it ?
I am trying to find a way to expose an ldap interface to serve a directory to SIP phones which unfortunately only speaks ldap :/

I would rather avoid having to keep an external database in sync (OpenLDAP or other) and would rather serve the data myself, I don't really need a fully compliant
LDAP interface since I imagine the qeries made by phone will be rather basic and limited.

Matt Todd

Sep 24, 2014, 3:57:51 AM9/24/14
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/ruby-ldap/ruby-net-ldap/blob/master/testserver/ldapserver.rb might be of interest to you, ignoring whether it's a good idea to pursue it or not.