[ANN] IPAddress 0.8.0 released

bluemonk

May 17, 2011, 2:51:29 AM5/17/11
to Ruby IPAddress
Hello,

IPAddress 0.8.0 has been released. Many new IPv6 methods, some API
changes and bug fixes.

Changes:
* Removed extension methods and extension directory to facilitate
integration with the stdlib
* Reworked IPv4#<=>, now intuitively sorts objects based on the prefix
* IPv4#supernet now returns "0.0.0.0/0" if supernetting with a prefix
less than 1
* IPv4#subnet now accept a new prefix instead of number of subnets (as
per RFC3531)

New methods:

* IPv6#network
* Prefix128#host_prefix
* IPv6#broadcast_u128
* IPv6#each
* IPv6#<=>
* IPv4#split

For those interested, there is a proposal to replace IPAddr with
IPAddress in the standard library. The discussion can be found here
[1]. I would be interested in your opinion.

Enjoy this new release and come back to me for any question/comment/
issue.

Best regards,
Marco

[1] http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4569