Designer - Introduction

AS Creative Design

Feb 12, 2010, 5:31:53 PM2/12/10
to Ruby Graphic Designers
Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd introduce myself to some fellow Rails Designers... if
there are any still here, as there appears to be a lot of spam on the
forum now!

I'm a Web Designer based in Glasgow, Scotland and have over 6 years
industry experience as a Senior Designer, having previously worked for
a graphic design agency before becoming freelance early this year.
During that time I worked on many Rails projects. What role a designer
has in a Rails project seems to vary greatly according to some of the
designers and programmers posts i read. However I can assure you I
don't just create the pretty graphics and send my developer a layered
photoshop file. I get involved with everything from scoping and
specification, design, building standards compliant HTML and CSS,
integrating the HTML and CSS into the Rails environment while keeping
everything neat and tidy between me and the team with SVN.

You can see some of the projects I have completed on my portfolio site
http://www.ascreativedesign.com

Thanks

Andy
AS Creative Design
http://www.ascreativedesign.com

Adam Stacoviak

Feb 13, 2010, 1:34:52 AM2/13/10
to Ruby Graphic Designers
Well hello there Andy. Nice to meet you. I don't think this group gets
any use, however I subscribed to it in the off chance that someone
real might post to it.

Are you on the Twitter? Check me out at http://twitter.com/adamstac.
Also, if you're on Skype, I'd be happy to connect with you just to
catch up.

I notice that you used the words HTML, CSS and SVN. Do you use Haml,
Sass/Compass or Git?

Take care,

AS

--
Adam Stacoviak | Handcrafted
m. 713-492-4598

On Feb 12, 4:31 pm, AS Creative Design <a...@ascreativedesign.com>
wrote:

> You can see some of the projects I have completed on my portfolio sitehttp://www.ascreativedesign.com

AS Creative Design

Feb 15, 2010, 5:17:24 PM2/15/10
to Ruby Graphic Designers
Hi Adam,

Thanks for saying hello and glad to see there is something other than
spam on here. Like yourself I subscribed ages ago but seems like it
has died quite a bit since then!

Yeah, I'm on twitter (just hit your follow button!) i'm
"ascreativedsgn" also on skype under andysimpsonbellgraphic if you
want to give me a shout sometime.

I don't use Hami, Sass/Compass or Git at present but I've had a look
at Hami and Sass before. I think I heard about them here ages ago
actually. Anyway they seem pretty interesting and think I'll be
looking into them a bit more in future.

The developer I work with at the moment doesn't really favour Git, and
i've not really come across it before, is there any real advantages
with it over SVN?

Cheers,

Andy

On Feb 13, 6:34 am, Adam Stacoviak <a...@gethandcrafted.com> wrote:
> Well hello there Andy. Nice to meet you. I don't think this group gets
> any use, however I subscribed to it in the off chance that someone
> real might post to it.
>

> Are you on the Twitter? Check me out athttp://twitter.com/adamstac.

> Also, if you're on Skype, I'd be happy to connect with you just to
> catch up.
>
> I notice that you used the words HTML, CSS and SVN. Do you use Haml,
> Sass/Compass or Git?
>
> Take care,
>
> AS
>
> --
> Adam Stacoviak | Handcrafted

> m. 713-492-4598http://twitter.com/adamstachttp://gethandcrafted.com

Kevin Braun

Feb 16, 2010, 2:19:35 PM2/16/10
to ruby-graphi...@googlegroups.com
I'm humanforum on twitter...this board got so overrun with spam that I bailed a while ago. Would be nice to follow folks who are dealing with the presentation layer for RoR so please let me know your twitter names if you are out there.

Kevin Braun