failed to allocate a page error

Stephen von Takach

Jul 23, 2014, 2:00:07 AM7/23/14
to ruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm receiving a failed to allocate a page. errno=0 (No error) - this occurs on a windows system, Ruby 1.9.3 (p484) 32bit
I think this is related to a memory leak I'm experiencing however the system fails around the 480 - 500MB memory use mark. Where a simple test indicates ruby 32bit should be able utilise ~1.9GB on a windows system.

It's a complex multi-threaded application so tracking down the issue is difficult and I have a feeling this error may point me in the right direction.

The code is failing when creating an FFI callback function.
Looking at the FFI Code that deals with the error, I think it is coming out of VirtualAlloc (part of winbase.h) - not sure if that is helpful however I'm at a bit of loss as to what is causing the failure.

I believe I also saw an errno=12 once, however wasn't investigating quite so rigorously at the time.

Any help would be much appreciated.