Support for IBAN - (European standardized) International Back Account Number

Casper Smits

Apr 14, 2016, 7:51:41 AM4/14/16
to Ruby Faker
Hi,

Following this gems php-brother, support for IBAN would be really nice. It would be useful for everyone doing anything with financial data in Europe.
IBAN is the International Bank Account Number, every European bank switched from their own system to IBAN to aid international payments.

Generally, an IBAN looks like this:
NL00 RABO 0000000000
[2*country_code][2*validation_number] [4*bank_prefix] [10*account_number]

I lack the time, but I mainly lack the knowledge. Maybe someone can take a look at it? :)

Otagi

Jul 28, 2016, 5:06:24 PM7/28/16
to Ruby Faker
Not in Faker (yet), but you can use the iso-iban gem to generate a random IBAN:

ISO::IBAN.random('BE') # => "BE75269802700687"