Faker issue with mongoid?

Arthur Veal

Jan 22, 2015, 7:51:15 PM1/22/15
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I am using faker and I have used it before, but not in mongoid and I am continuously getting the error "NoMethodError: undefined method `name=' for nil:NilClass" when I try to fake users. Here is the block that is causing trouble any idea what I am doing wrong?

    # Create Tenants
        10.times do
         tenant = Tenant.new(
         tenant.name = Faker::Name.name,
         tenant.email = Faker::Internet.email,
         tenant.password = Faker::Lorem.characters(10)
         )
        tenant.skip_confirmation!
       tenant.save!

Jesse Cooke

Jan 24, 2015, 7:04:29 PM1/24/15
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I think you might want Tenant.new(name: Faker::Name.name, ...)
You don't have tenant yet, so tenant.name will throw that NoMethodError.