DICOM PRINT

danilosa...@gmail.com

May 31, 2016, 1:57:56 AM5/31/16
to ruby-dicom
Can I send a .dcm to a dicom printer? e.g. http://dicom.offis.de/dcmprint.php.en

I need a ruby solution. Does anyone knows?

Thanks!

Christoffer Lervåg

May 31, 2016, 2:05:10 AM5/31/16
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hello

This was an interesting question. I admit I have no experience with the DICOM print protocol. Perhaps it is basically a DICOM SCP that prints all incoming files? If so, you should be able to send it the "normal" way:

node = DClient.new("10.1.25.200", 104)
node.send("some_file.dcm")
Best regards,
Chris

Marc Kohli

May 31, 2016, 1:43:00 PM5/31/16
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to wager that It's more complicated than an SCP because a "presentation state" must also be specified to the printer indicating whether to print 1x1 or 6x4 or whatever.

Some quick searching of the standard wasn't very fruitful.

--Marc

Christoffer Lervåg

Jun 1, 2016, 4:41:14 AM6/1/16
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
In that case I think we would need some wireshark monitoring on a third party dicom printer communication in order to figure out what modifications would be necesssary to ruby-dicom.

Best regards,
Chris