specifying enumeration values?

KCW

Mar 24, 2014, 10:48:04 AM3/24/14
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am only an occasional user of ruby-dicom (though it has become nonetheless an important part of my workflow), so please forgive me if this is a simplistic question.  I use the enumerate flag to turn on enumeration during anonymization.  Is it possible to specify a starting value for the enumeration process?  That is, if I already have a bunch of anonymized studies numbered Patient1 through PatientX, I'd like to specify X+1 for the next set of studies I anonymize.

Thanks,
Ken Wang

Christoffer Lervåg

Mar 24, 2014, 11:00:29 AM3/24/14
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken

I believe you get this behaviour by using the audit trail feature (specifying a text file that keeps track of the relationship between original and anonymized values). If you combine this with the enumeration feature I think it works as you want it to.

Please check out the :audit_trail option in the Anonymizer class and let us know if that solves your problem!

Best regards,
Chris

Ken Wang

Mar 24, 2014, 12:08:48 PM3/24/14
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris. My lack of ruby knowledge is painfully obvious. But
after looking at the Anonymizer class definition, I did the following:

a = DICOM::Anonymizer.new(:audit_trail => "/some/file/name")
a.add_folder("/dicom/images")
# set a bunch of tags
a.enumeration = true
a.execute

And this seems to work as you described.

Thanks again,
Ken