Rails engine for REST-ful interface to dcm4chee. Uses the dicom gem

Simon

Jan 31, 2013, 3:16:25 PM1/31/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I thought this might prove interesting to some.

This guy developed a Rails Engine to plug into rails apps that REST-fully interfaces with the dcm4chee archive using Jolokia (http://www.jolokia.org/) and he just open-sourced it.

Give him some love, and hopefully some of us may even be able to contribute...it looks like a solid project. And it uses the Ruby DICOM gem...

Simon

Christoffer Lervåg

Feb 1, 2013, 3:23:45 AM2/1/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up, Simon.

It looks interesting. I have to admit I'm not sufficiently proficient with Rails these days to know what exactly a Rails Engine is. I wonder what other kinds of ruby-dicom related Rails Engines could be sensible to develop?

Chris

Simon

Feb 1, 2013, 7:26:28 AM2/1/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
It is basically a small rails app that can 'plug-in' to another rails app, From the Rails Guides:

Engines can be considered miniature applications that provide functionality to their host applications. A Rails application is actually just a "supercharged" engine, with the Rails::Application class inheriting a lot of its behavior from Rails::Engine.

You can find an excellent guide here: http://edgeguides.rubyonrails.org/engines.html

Simon

Shangeetha Sivasothy

Oct 19, 2013, 9:31:19 PM10/19/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

We are also working in a project of connecting dcm4che with openMRS application server. We are thinking of taking use of your code, for creating rest API for dcm4che we have setup.

Thanks for your work.

Marc Kohli

Oct 20, 2013, 9:01:20 AM10/20/13
to ruby-...@googlegroups.com