Fixed Footer Hell

Rob Lacey

Jun 13, 2022, 11:48:22 AMJun 13
to Capybara
Just wondering if anyone has been able to solve problems with clickable elements being hidden under a fixed footer. I'm trying to click a button but the scroll to the element still leaves it hidden under a fixed footer. I really don't want to hide our footer with CSS just to get a test working, or litter our codebase with #scroll_to.

https://github.com/teamcapybara/capybara/issues/2565

I saw something about setting elementScrollBehavior but it seems to only apply to Firefox and I don't see any examples of how I might configure Selenium to scroll to the bottom of the element, or indeed only scroll it into view in this situation.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33640415/how-do-i-set-elementscrollbehavior-to-1-using-the-ruby-bindings-for-seleniumweb

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks

RobL